That's the plan
We're introducing 160 new trains and 1400 new carriages. Bringing you more capacity and space.
Designed to move greater numbers of passengers more frequently in air-conditioned comfort, these new, modern, spacious trains include:
- enhanced passenger information
- accessibility to transform the passenger experience
Built by Siemens, the new trains have extra wide doors to allow passenger to get on and off quickly and easily, and wide gangways and walk-through carriages, so passengers can use all the space in the train. These air-conditioned, bright and modern trains are:
- wheelchair accessible
- have fully accessible toilets
- and plenty of space for buggies and luggage
The trains contain digital information displays with:
- better information about the journey
- and facilities on the train to enable passengers to see where there is space available on the train
Many of the new trains are 50% longer than the trains they replace. At the end of the programme the new Class 700 trains will facilitate 24 trains per hour at peak times in each direction through the core section in December 2019 (triple the number of services prior to the programme starting).