What is RailPlan20/20?
Our rail network wasn’t built for the challenges of today, that’s why the biggest transformation of the UK rail network in decades has begun. It’s called RailPlan20/20 and means simpler and more reliable journeys.
- New timetables will affect almost a million rail journeys a day in the southern half of the UK
- We are redeploying trains and crew across our entire network so there will be some disruption so please check your journey before you travel
- Once we’ve completed the redeployment there will be additional space for 40,000 more passengers into London at peak times
- We’ll also add an additional 400 new trains each day (13% uplift) and that means there will be a train service every 24 seconds
- Our passengers will benefit from more frequent services and, by next year, 80 more stations will have direct services to central London stations such as Farringdon, City Thameslink and Blackfriars.
From Dec 2018:
- 20 trains per hour will be put into services, and trains will run every 2-3 minutes through central London
- Interconnection with the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) will happen; opening up new, fast and simple journey options
New timetables from May
These timetables are intended as a guide and we may need to make changes as we introduce new trains, new routes and new ways of operating. Please re-check your journey here, where we will keep you updated on the latest information.