What is RailPlan20/20?
Our rail network wasn’t built for the challenges of today. That’s why the biggest transformation of the UK rail network in decades has begun. It’s called RailPlan20/20 and means simpler and more reliable journeys, for you and many more generations to come.
From May 2018:
- A completely new timetable will be rolled out over several weeks during May and June. This will allow a rolling deployment of improvements in metro and mainline services as they bed down. More specific information will be available in the coming weeks
- New modern, high tech trains with the ability to carry up to 40,000 more passengers in each three-hour peak period
- New direct links to Gatwick and Eurostar, meaning quicker and easier getaways than ever before
From Dec 2018:
- 20 trains per hour, and trains every 2-3 minutes through central London
- Interconnection with the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) opening up new, fast and simple journey options