What is RailPlan20/20?
Our rail network wasn’t built for the challenges of today, that’s why the biggest transformation of the UK rail network in decades has begun. It’s called RailPlan20/20 and means simpler and more reliable journeys.
From May 2018:
- A completely new timetable will be rolled out over several weeks during May and June. This timetable will help with the planned improvements in metro and mainline services. More information will be available in the coming weeks
- New modern, high tech trains (with the ability to carry up to 40,000 more passengers in each three-hour peak period) will be put into service
- New direct links to Gatwick and Eurostar will be timetabled, meaning quicker and easier getaways than ever before
From Dec 2018:
- 20 trains per hour will be put into services, and trains will run every 2-3 minutes through central London
- Interconnection with the Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) will happen; opening up new, fast and simple journey options
New timetables from May
These timetables are intended as a guide and we may need to make changes as we introduce new trains, new routes and new ways of operating. Please re-check your journey here, where we will keep you updated on the latest information.